I am very opinionated and patriotic. I don't apologize for either one. Sarcasm is something I find virtuous and I truly believe laughter solves everything....if it doesn't I don't mind a little violence either as long as it's fair. If you like my blog then show some of your friends. If you don't like it then let me know. Feel free to send me your comments and I will post most of them even if I don't agree. If you want to contact me my email address is canux.fan@yahoo.ca

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A Whale of a Collapse

I have been a Canucks fan since my birth during the second month of their inaugural season, But I don't recall this much despair in all those years with the exception of the dark days of Keenan's tenure.

What is happening? Where did the scoring go? How could one of the most dangerous weapons in the NHL get so impotent? This team scores less than I did at school dances. I can understand the moody Bertuzzi being preoccupied with his legal troubles or his poor showing in Turin, but what about the other two? Morrison and Naslund are both healthy but neither is doing anything. The worst part is this line is now becoming a defensive liability. The triplets (Sedin x 2 and Carter) are the go to line now but teams have figured out that stopping them stops the 'Nucks.

Dave Nonis did an excellent job at the deadline and acquired help where it was needed the most, but it might not matter. Kesler hasn't scored, or Cooke, neither has Linden, Ruutu or anyone but the Sedin Line in the last 4 games.

Mika Noronen, amid talks of being the next 'Kiprusoff', bombed in his debut, letting in 5 goals on 27 shots. It looks more like he'll be the next Jarmo Myllis. Our stellar deadline pickups, Weinrich and Carney, looked like beer league rejects and our forwards missed all sorts of gifts.

One thing is for sure with Anaheim and Edmonton on our heels with games in hand it could be a long summer if this team doesn't start to score soon.

For the best sports commentary in the blogosphere please visit my buddy over at
http://snafu2k6s-daily-sports-commentary.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Site Counter
Web Counter