I am very opinionated and patriotic. I don't apologize for either one. Sarcasm is something I find virtuous and I truly believe laughter solves everything....if it doesn't I don't mind a little violence either as long as it's fair. If you like my blog then show some of your friends. If you don't like it then let me know. Feel free to send me your comments and I will post most of them even if I don't agree. If you want to contact me my email address is canux.fan@yahoo.ca

Tuesday, April 4, 2006

Finally an update!

This one will be all over the map folks so I apologize. Actually I apologize twice, once for waiting so long and the second time for the tangents I will go on. Lots to cover so like my Dad used to say when I was a kid: "Shut your mouth and get busy or I'll kill you" ...ok he never said that, it was actually my Grandmother.

First - The Vancouver Cannots...What can I say, another year of unfulfilled potential. This season has fallen apart faster than the shelf I made from IKEA. Seriously I haven't seen a collapse like this since my belt snapped. Why can this team never seem to get it together. I mean we made it to the finals in 82 and 94....so every 12 years roughly so shouldn't this be our year? Oh well at this point the biggest farce would be if we made it then everything would just get glossed over and I think we need to blow the team up and start over. Trade Bert, let Jovo walk, (which is hard to say because I love the guy) lose Cloutier and possibly...Naslund. Finally retire Trevor's #16 and then go in a new direction. Re-sign Carter and the twins and get back some draft picks. Then maybe next year we bring in Bourdon and that American Goalie we drafted and see what we can do.

Next, I hate Barry Bonds, Glad he was booed. Let's get a wheelbarrow for his steroids and a moving truck for his ego and put him out to pasture. Nothing good comes from his continued play except bad press for MLB. Good on you Bud Selig for starting an investigation, lets hope it has more teeth than my Grandpa.

Finally, What's with all of these ridiculous sayings in peoples signature blocks these days? Anyone else getting sick of it? I mean seriously look at this one;

"History is memory, inspiration, and commonality -
and a nation without memory is every bit as adrift
as an amnesiac wandering the streets. History matters,
and we forget this truth at our peril."
--J.L. Granatstein

My God! I fell asleep reading it! now I have a friend that uses Biblical terms, check it;

"for what has a man profited if he gains everything but forfeits his soul?"

....I dunno but what has your soul done for you lately? I know I can't pay my rent with my soul so maybe I'll take everything instead...Or finally there are many who close out in Latin

"Per Ardua Ad Astra" (through adversity to the stars)

Who speaks Latin anyway? seriously. I decided to look up my own latin terms and found this one to be pretty sweet;

"Vello mei pollex" (pull my finger) or how about;
"Semper Ubi Sub Ubi" (always wear under wear)...think about it.
or last but not least;
"cum grano salis" (take it with a grain of salt)

Don't even get me started on the 'inspirational' ones about leadership or initiative like those irritating motivational posters. They drive me nuts! Leave em out and save precious electrons, or at the very least please make them funny! ANyway I guess that is it for now. Until next time, remember. No Payne No Gain!

Sincerely,
Payne

"....for what has a man profited if he gains everything but forgets where he put it."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good one dave you are almost as funny as I am Dad

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am 1 in 60 or so. It's still better than Robin's Donuts

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Site Counter
Web Counter