I am very opinionated and patriotic. I don't apologize for either one. Sarcasm is something I find virtuous and I truly believe laughter solves everything....if it doesn't I don't mind a little violence either as long as it's fair. If you like my blog then show some of your friends. If you don't like it then let me know. Feel free to send me your comments and I will post most of them even if I don't agree. If you want to contact me my email address is canux.fan@yahoo.ca

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

NHL Playoffs - My predictions sucked!

I remember a few years ago I had processed some older negatives of mine and found a great picture of me with my daughter on Christmas morning. I thought it looked cute and showed it to my co workers, then I showed my friends and finally I showed my parents. My Mom remarked; "Is that your Penis?" ...it was. I was flabberghasted! I had shown the picture to over 20 people and when I looked at the picture I realized that my robe was open and I was indeed displaying the old "meat and 2 veg" as Austin Powers would say. I have never been so embarrassed in my life... That is until I saw the results of last night's games.

Buffalo vs Philadelphia - Philadelphia, who I picked to win in 6, must have been as embarrassed as I was as they stunk up the joint with an 8-2 pounding that guarantees Esche will be riding the pine from here on out. Were the Flyers suddenly all afraid of getting laid out like Umberger got?That team just can't get going and the Sabres, with a double hat-trick last night, are scoring at will. Yikes.

New Jersey vs New York Rangers - Again I picked the Rangers in 7, but it looks like it will be the Devils in 4 now that Jagr is out. Brodeur is unbeatable and Madden got a hat - trick last night. (was there a sale on hat-tricks last night or what?)

Dallas vs Colorado - I said Dallas in 6 and I thought that Turco would pick it up for the playoffs....Well he may have but then he dropped it awful quick, His performance was awful when it ocunted and now they are down 2 going to the mile high city.

Finally Carolina vs Montreal - I picked Carolina in 6 but I admit I am glad I am being made a Liar in this one. Huet is on fire and Kovalev is actually interested, and playing well. Cam Ward looked much better in net than Gerber and I think we will see him for the rest of the series.

So to recap. Remember these 2 vital pieces of advice;
  1. You never know who will win regardless of how it looks on paper, since the games aren't played on paper. Goalies can ruin it for you in a hurry.
  2. And never let people see pictures of you accidentally naked. Remember how it went for Elaine on that Seinfeld Christmas Card episode?

Until next time remember....too much Payne isn't good either ha ha ha!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you had totell your penis story eh?

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good stuff Dave, I like the story about your Mom - wow you got to watch those bathrobes, reminds me of a guy caught in the same embarrassing photo situation at a TOGA party years ago, they posted his picture in the crew lounge...
Anyway, the poolies must be going crazy with the first round developements, I think that it is the most physical, entertaining and unpredictable series every year. As an Oiler fan, I'm happy with the split in Hockey town and looking for the Oil to go up 3-1 with a sweep at home. Keep up the great posts, they are fun & enjoyable to read.
The Captain

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Site Counter
Web Counter