I am very opinionated and patriotic. I don't apologize for either one. Sarcasm is something I find virtuous and I truly believe laughter solves everything....if it doesn't I don't mind a little violence either as long as it's fair. If you like my blog then show some of your friends. If you don't like it then let me know. Feel free to send me your comments and I will post most of them even if I don't agree. If you want to contact me my email address is canux.fan@yahoo.ca

Monday, April 24, 2006

Why do I Blog?

I love blogging. I really do. I started about 6 weeks ago after seeing a friend's blog and haven't looked back.

Anyone who knows me knows that I talk a lot and that I have some pretty strong opinions of things. Unfortunately I also have the attention span of a gnat; hence the subjects I write about tend to be all over the map. Some days I have at least 3 or 4 ideas of what I want to blog, and some days, (like today) I have no clue.

Some people have said they really liked my Blogs on Afghanistan, and hockey, and the UFC, while others have said some of my posts were not so great (My Timmy's rant for instance). I value all these opinions as I feel it makes me better as I try to iron out the wrinkles as I go along.

Typically I start off with an idea and try and think about what people like me might think about that topic and I proceed usually ending up saying more than I intended. I don't often edit my stuff beyond a cursory glance for spelling and grammar, as I think as my friend Tanis put it, the "unedited" version of yourself is usually the most entertaining. Besides if someone says something controversial I bet most of the time it was probably the closest to the truth. Think about it. Whenever there is scandal over something someone said, they usually apologize and backtrack and claim they were 'taken out of context' or 'That wasn't what I meant.' C'Mon, how many times have you tried to take back something you said only after you realized it upset someone? I do it on a regular basis.

I get my ideas from all sorts of places. The news is probably the biggest. Sometimes it is a tv show. Other times it is right out of left field. Staring at a Tim Horton's cup that didn't win, or arguing with someone about who won more Stanley Cups (for the record the East has won more). The thing is when I really get stuck I resort to the Yahoo Buzz index or I just ask people what bugs them. It works out some days while others are a struggle.

The bottom line is I love blogging, not in a Brokeback sort of way but you get the picture. I guess that's it for now but if you have an idea for a blog entry and you don't blog yourself, feel free to tell me and I'll rant on your behalf. Until next time remember, no Payne, no gain!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are the man dave keep up the really average work.

Monday, April 24, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Site Counter
Web Counter