I am very opinionated and patriotic. I don't apologize for either one. Sarcasm is something I find virtuous and I truly believe laughter solves everything....if it doesn't I don't mind a little violence either as long as it's fair. If you like my blog then show some of your friends. If you don't like it then let me know. Feel free to send me your comments and I will post most of them even if I don't agree. If you want to contact me my email address is canux.fan@yahoo.ca

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Casualties in Afghanistan

4 more good Canadian boys were lost in Afghanistan as a result of an improvised explosive device (IED). The casualties were;
  • Corporal Matthew Dinning, Richmond Hill, Ont.
  • Bombardier Miles Mansell, Victoria, BC
  • Lieutenant William Turner, Toronto, Ont.
  • Corporal Randy Payne, Lahr, Germany

Some people are trying to create controversy by blaming the new 'G-Wagon' for not protecting them well enough. The truth is this explosion was so powerful that no vehicle would have stood a chance. The IED's that are used are not like a landmine, these are usually a huge artillery round, remotely detonated with horrendous results.

As with all tragic losses the public has begun anew the call to pull out or to debate Afghanistan. This is folly. The mission is necessary even if most Canadians have no clue what it is about. I will let you do the research on your own to discover what this mission is really about. For now let's assume I know what I am talking about.

If you ask these soldiers you will be hard pressed to find one that thinks we should pull out. They know the importance of this mission. If you told these people in advance that there death made Canada pull out they would be sickened. If we pull out now what does that say to the families? Oh we didn't realize anyone would die so we will quit now. Then why go in the first place? Secondly what does that tell our allies, our enemies, or the Afghan and Canadian citizens that want peace? Sorry we have been intimidated into going home. If we had that same attitude in WWI, WWII, or Korea then Tyranny would have reigned supreme and Canada would not be the great country it is.

Murray Brewster of the Canadian Press had a great article that sheds more light on this situation, here is one excerpt that I found particularly interesting;

"Saturday's assault comes in the wake of a Taliban warning of accelerated attacks against Canadians. A spokesman for the outlawed fundamentalist former government told The Canadian Press this month that the Taliban was counting on the increased casualties triggering a clamour among voters to withdraw Canadian soldiers. "

This is a tragic loss for everyone, especially the families that are left behind. Take a moment to think about these brave souls and to think about what they were trying to do for your country. Now is not the time to cut and run.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good stuff dave

Sunday, April 23, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Site Counter
Web Counter