I am very opinionated and patriotic. I don't apologize for either one. Sarcasm is something I find virtuous and I truly believe laughter solves everything....if it doesn't I don't mind a little violence either as long as it's fair. If you like my blog then show some of your friends. If you don't like it then let me know. Feel free to send me your comments and I will post most of them even if I don't agree. If you want to contact me my email address is canux.fan@yahoo.ca

Friday, July 7, 2006

UFC - Predictions for UFC 61 Bitter Rivals

I have recently discovered that I will miss the PPV on Saturday which just kills me but I thought I would wade in, for posterity's sake, with my predictions. Here goes

-FRANCA VS JORDAN - The lightweights are getting a big push in anticipation of a title fight soon and let me tell you these guys can fight. The Heavyweights may be the biggest but no one hits as fast as the lightweights. I don't know a lot about these two guys but I know enough to predict that Franca will dominate Jordan. Franca 2nd rd submission

-ALDANA VS KONGO - Yikes! I think Aldana is a good fighter but Kongo is a MONSTER, 1st round K.O. for Kongo over Aldana

-MONSON VS PEROSH - Perosh isn't a big name but he is a big boy with the nickname "Hippo" Unfortunately the quiet and well rounded "Snowman" Jeff Monson is 1 large muscle and I think he is on the rise. We might see Monson's submission skills against the bigger Perosh, Monson TKO in the 2nd round.

-FICKETT VS PELLEGRINO - I don't like 'the BATMAN' (Pellegrino) so for no other reason I call Fickett by 3rd round KO.

-EDWARDS VS STEVENSON - Edwards wants to redeem himself after losing to Hominick in his last fight and fighting at his natural weight of 155 Stevenson makes this lightweight fight possibly the most exciting of the night. I don't think Edwards can match Stevenson's strength at 155 and Stevenson is hard to hit. If Edwards can avoid the takedown it could go the distance. Stevenson by decision.

-BURKMAN VS NEER - Burkman seemed to be a rising star until his last fight which he lost badly. A much more focussed Burkman will be too much for "The Dentist" Neer. Burkman wins by 1st rd submission.

-CHRISTISON VS MIR - The former champ (Mir) is still on the road back from his horrific motorcycle accident and has not reached his former skill level. "The Sandman" Christison looked pretty impressive against Imes on UFN back in June but I think Mir will make a statement by putting Christison down. Mir by TKO in rd 2

-ORTIZ VS SHAMROCK - ...This is one have been drooling over! I HATE Shamrock, and while I am not the biggest Ortiz fan I am cheering for him. Last time they fought "The World's least Dangerous Man" had his face turned into hamburger and the only thing different this time will be that Shamrock' corner won't have time to throw in the towel. Ortiz is younger, stronger, faster and I would argue less brain-damaged and should win this one easy. 1st round K.O. that hopefully puts Shamrock into retirement.

-ARLOVSKI VS SYLVIA - Sylvia says he is pissed off because everyone underestimates him...well he isn't going to like me then. I think in the last fight he was very lucky that Arlovski stepped in and caught a fluke punch to the jaw, furthermore, I think he was lucky the ref jumped in so quick as I don't think Arlovski was out yet. This one will be a little different as I think they both respect each other more now than before, and the fight should go longer. I think this one might get to the 4 minute mark of the first round. Arlovski by K.O. in the first round.

For those of you that get to see it live...I hate you. Check back this weekend to find out who the next BOTW will be. Until next time remember, no Payne no gain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Site Counter
Web Counter