I am very opinionated and patriotic. I don't apologize for either one. Sarcasm is something I find virtuous and I truly believe laughter solves everything....if it doesn't I don't mind a little violence either as long as it's fair. If you like my blog then show some of your friends. If you don't like it then let me know. Feel free to send me your comments and I will post most of them even if I don't agree. If you want to contact me my email address is canux.fan@yahoo.ca

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter Candy.....(groan)

Well Easter is done for another year, and I still wonder how a chocolate egg laying rabbit ties in with the resurrection of Jesus. I don't mean to offend but was the Easter Bunny one of Jesus' friends? Did Jesus create the Easter Bunny? Or perhaps hide eggs for 3 days? I may never know, but as long as the junk food keeps coming I am there baby!

I am not a big chocolate fan, I prefer candy from the 'gummy' or 'jujube' food groups normally seen at Halloween, but I can't get enough of those rice krispie filled crunchy chocolate bunnies oooooooooooooh yum.

So the Question of the day is; Which candy do you prefer? Halloween or Easter?

I must say right off the bat that Easter junk is less work, you get a basket of it and you don't even have to freeze to death walking door to door getting scared out of your wits by haunted houses to collect the loot. On the other hand Halloween means more variety and if you have a reliable work force (translation: willing children) then you can collect a sizeable pile. Just for info I have Halloween Candy from 2 halloweens ago in a pillowcase. We still can't eat it all.

The other issue is if you're jonesing for chocolate, Easter is definitely the way to go. Those mini Halloween chocolate bars just don't get it done. Easter though, MAN! You get some serious chocolate, unless of course someone cheaps out and gets you a hollow bunny.

I am vehemently opposed to hollow chocolate unless there is a prize inside or more junk food. I mean seriously. A hollow egg or bunny is like getting a box that used to contain a TV or XBox. They also fall apart to easily. Nothing better than a solid bunny and just biting off a big chunk, especially if you are morbid and enjoy biting off the ears first, or the head. How many of us as kids haven't enjoyed 'torturing' our bunnies by strategically eating certain parts first...ok I still do it. It's part of the fun.

Finally Cadbury creme eggs. How can you not love them? I just wish I could get them all year. I love the creamy centre, it is so good it makes everything around it better. I bet it would even make brussel sprouts taste better....ok maybe not.

Well I guess that's it until Halloween...we need more 'candy' holidays, 1 every 6 months just doesn't work. Hopefully one day someone can explain where the Easter bunny came from, but as long as he keeps laying all those yummy eggs I'm cool with it. Until next time remember, no Payne, no gain.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

EASTER - chocolate, mmm...mmmmm...
and creme eggs...and marshmallow bunnies...and panned eggs...and...and...and... help - I think I'm going into diabetic shock!
Oh, and don't forget all the pretty colours :)

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi daddy i loved my easter stuff!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such a loser.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Easter, naturally. Hallowe'en is by far the more fun of the holidays (OK Ok. For all the Christians out there, I was already hit by a bolt of lightning.) But Easter has the better chocolate.

Monday, April 24, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Site Counter
Web Counter