I am very opinionated and patriotic. I don't apologize for either one. Sarcasm is something I find virtuous and I truly believe laughter solves everything....if it doesn't I don't mind a little violence either as long as it's fair. If you like my blog then show some of your friends. If you don't like it then let me know. Feel free to send me your comments and I will post most of them even if I don't agree. If you want to contact me my email address is canux.fan@yahoo.ca

Friday, May 19, 2006

Klutzology 101

I am sure that in everyone's life they have had a misstep that has led to some pretty funny and occasionally painful pratfalls. I have done enough 'research' into this topic to qualify as a klutzologist! Some of my 'research' includes but is not limited to;

-Breaking my collarbone in a slip and fall, on two separate occasions.
-Slipping on a hockey rink and knocking myself out cold.
-Tripping on stairs and spraining my ankle
-Jumping (not quite) over a low barrier with my hands in my pockets to impress the ladies in Jr. High then landing on my face. (Mike's favourite story)
-Falling out of trees, tripping over pretty much anything, walking/running into a wide variety of inanimate objects as well as stubbing toes and slamming fingers at will.
-Of course my most infamous episode left me with a bullet wound in my right leg. (yes I was the operator of the firearm used in the incident)

My most recent bit of 'research' happened this morning as I rode my bike to work. It was a cool morning and I was riding along a path that ended with about a 6 inch drop to the road surface. I don't like riding off of something and landing on my front tire so I tend to pull up the front end so that both tires land simultaneously. I suppose that this morning I had been particularly enthusiastic about pulling as I was at about a 45 degree angle as I left the path. It was at this point that I noticed something was terribly wrong.

Y'know how when something bad happens it seems like slow motion? Well this isn't one of those times. I do remember catching a glimpse of my front tire being in a location other than it should have been, then all of a sudden I was doing a speed roll along the pavement. When I had come to rest I wondered what had happened and walked back to where my bike lay and noticed that the front tire was no longer standard equipment. I, in my infinite wisdom, didn't realize I had a quick release front tire. It works well apparently. I ended up carrying my now 2 piece bike home rather sheepishly before walking to work. Luckily all I hurt was my pride.

This latest 'research' proved to me about the importance of knowing your equipment. I likely would have checked my front tire more often had I bothered to realize it was a quick-release. I'd like to think that I am able to put this incident behind me and learn from my mistakes, but that just wouldn't be my style.

I am after all working towards my Masters degree in Klutzology.

Until next time remember, no Payne, less hospital visits...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being a klutz is no big deal....I think it's worse to be a 30 year old man and whine for two weeks that your head hurts because a four year old head butted you......especially when the four year old didn't even flinch!

Thursday, May 25, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Site Counter
Web Counter