I am very opinionated and patriotic. I don't apologize for either one. Sarcasm is something I find virtuous and I truly believe laughter solves everything....if it doesn't I don't mind a little violence either as long as it's fair. If you like my blog then show some of your friends. If you don't like it then let me know. Feel free to send me your comments and I will post most of them even if I don't agree. If you want to contact me my email address is canux.fan@yahoo.ca

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

NHL Playoffs - Conference Final Predictions

So here are the scores between me and my worthy adversary, the 1995 quarter, after 2 rounds. Coin 7 of 12, Me 5 of 12. Great, I am less of an expert than a coin!

  • EDMONTON VS ANAHEIM - I can't believe that the Oilers did it, wow. That being said the Oilers are incredibly fast and key acquisitions Pronger, Peca and Roloson look unstoppable. What else can you say about Ryan Smyth? best hockey he's played in years and though it seems strange not to see him at the World's He is leading the Oilers to the type of playoff that we saw in Calgary two years ago. Anaheim hasn't read the script though and with Selanne rejuvenated and getting breakaway passes from Scott Neidermayer, this series will be the most wide open yet. Will Giguere ever get back in to this series? Who knows. I say Oilers in 7. The coin says the same.
  • CAROLINA VS BUFFALO - Rod Brind'Amour is leading this team well and Stillman and Staal are providing timely scoring. Cam Ward is definitely not playing like a rookie and the 'Canes are the highest seeded team left in the playoffs and could prove tough to conquer by a small Sabres squad. Yes the Sabres are small but man are they fast! I swear they could turn off the light and then hop into bed before it got dark! Miller is proving me wrong and ex-Jet Teppo Numminen is playing like ex-Jet Phil Housley. Connoly likely won't be back for a few games and that is a big hole in the line-up. nevertheless I call Sabres in 6. The coin goes with Carolina.

My revised final prediction - Edmonton over Buffalo in 7

Did you know that none of the teams left made the playoffs last time around?

Edmonton is the only team left to ever win a cup.

Buffalo is the 1970 expansion cousin of my beloved (yet chronically under-achieving) Canucks.

Until next time remember, I got my a** kicked by a quarter.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The turning point was game three, that's when the series was won. Roly came up big with the glove in overtime and Heart & Soul #94 set up the winning goal by the best center in the league right now ex Chilliwack Chief S. Horcoff. I remember shooting pucks at the "Old Barn on Corbould" (Chilliwac Coliseum - since torn down) at the end of a game with my buddies, and the Chiefs were up next to practice, he came out early and was sitting on the boards in front of the "Home" bench, watching me (I was the only one still out - how exciting...) and as I left the ice we chatted, and I couldn't help thinking "I'm looking at a future millionaire in the NHL". He was such an exciting player, really stood out as a Junior, had the same number witht he Chiefs too, his speed coming through the neutral zone was incredible. That dominance is becoming apparent again now that he is a pro, (drafted 99th overall in his year) it has taken a few years for him to become the number 1 center, he started out as a fourth liner so paid his dues and he works extremely hard and is deserving of the recognition that he is now getting. I've been an Oiler fan since forever, and times sure are sweet again for this storied franchise who always seem to find a way to win and "Git-R-Done".
GO OILERS GO!
Charlie

Thursday, May 18, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Site Counter
Web Counter