I am very opinionated and patriotic. I don't apologize for either one. Sarcasm is something I find virtuous and I truly believe laughter solves everything....if it doesn't I don't mind a little violence either as long as it's fair. If you like my blog then show some of your friends. If you don't like it then let me know. Feel free to send me your comments and I will post most of them even if I don't agree. If you want to contact me my email address is canux.fan@yahoo.ca

Thursday, May 11, 2006

My Daughter rules!

Last night after months of preparation and hard work my daughter presented her heritage fair project to the regional 'Historica' Fair. Her project was about Canadian involvement in WWII and through the process of doing the project she had the opportunity to interview several veterans from the Army, Navy and Air Force, as well as tour museums and meet with historians. She is very passionate about our Veterans and wants people to realize what they did for us.

Last night in front of hundreds of spectators she received the Laurier LaPierre medal for her dedication to and enthusiasm for history and heritage. She received this special award from the Lieutenant Governor of Manitoba, John Harvard.

My daughter was honoured to have some of the veterans that she interviewed, come visit her last night so they could see their interviews and see her final product. There were lots of family in attendance as Her Grandmother, Great Grandparents and uncle all showed up to lend their support. The showstopper was when her little brother screamed out to the gathered throng, "That's my sister!" when her name was announced as the award winner.

The look on her face when she received her award was priceless. Mom was crying Dad was smiling it was a huge accomplishment and we are all very proud.

The most important thing for her was to raise awareness of Canada's accomplishments and sacrifices during a scary time in our history. I wanted to repeat her final line that I think made people think.

"I'd like to leave you with one final thought. By the end of World War II over 40,000 Canadians had paid the ultimate price, and that's why this project was so important to me."

I hope when she grows up I can be just like her.

Until next time remember, small Payne, big gain!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read the Blog about Hannah!! WAY COOL!!!!! I am so proud of her and never doubted that she would be wonderful I am sorry that I couldn't attend that night but I do have a huge smile on my face reading about her fantastic moment. Please pass my sincere congrats on. I would love to come for an encore. HURRAY FOR HANNAH. love Tanis

Friday, May 12, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My warm fuzzy for the day, having a teacher I work with tell me about this INCREDIBLE, mature, poised young lady who presented at the Heritage Fair. The warm fuzzy part comes in when I realized she was talking about Hannah! Way to go kiddo!
Maybe I'll have to stick around Golden Gate just long enough that I get to teach such an awesome kid!

Thursday, May 25, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Site Counter
Web Counter