I am very opinionated and patriotic. I don't apologize for either one. Sarcasm is something I find virtuous and I truly believe laughter solves everything....if it doesn't I don't mind a little violence either as long as it's fair. If you like my blog then show some of your friends. If you don't like it then let me know. Feel free to send me your comments and I will post most of them even if I don't agree. If you want to contact me my email address is canux.fan@yahoo.ca

Friday, November 10, 2006

Bonehead of the Week #20 - White Poppy Mongers


Now that Remembrance Day is behind us for another year I guess it's time for us to observe another 364 consecutive "Forgettance Days" where veterans are ignored or insulted by an uninformed public.

Some may say that I am being too harsh but maybe that's what we need to get Remembrance Day back on track as well as our collective attitude towards our military legacy. The main symbol of course is the red poppy. It has been that way for decades. Unfortunately two organizations are doing our veterans an extreme disservice. Voice of Women for Peace and the Edmonton Women In Black have been peddling the White poppy, claiming that it stands for peace and is somehow more wholesome or worthy for us to attain. My main question to these IDIOTS is; "What the HELL do you think the red poppy stands for?! The red poppy has been a symbol of our tragic loss in the service of our country. It is used precisely to make people realize how horrible war is and that we should 'never again' let war happen, (never again being the catch phrase for the War Amps video series). So not only is the White poppy insulting and a waste, it is also completely redundant.

For offending Veterans, Our military and decent citizens as well as misinforming tens of thousands of naive Canadians I award the 20th BOTW to the Voice of Women for Peace and the Edmonton Women In Black.

Until next time remember, no Payne, no gain!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Site Counter
Web Counter