I am very opinionated and patriotic. I don't apologize for either one. Sarcasm is something I find virtuous and I truly believe laughter solves everything....if it doesn't I don't mind a little violence either as long as it's fair. If you like my blog then show some of your friends. If you don't like it then let me know. Feel free to send me your comments and I will post most of them even if I don't agree. If you want to contact me my email address is canux.fan@yahoo.ca

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

American Idol Why do I watch it?

So I am sitting here nursing a sore toe, (I stubbed it on a concrete step and tore off a piece....I know it's just a toe but it's mine and it hurts!) and wondering what to write about. Well I have drawn a blank....I am sure there is a vasectomy joke in there somewhere. So I have decided to write about Idol, Mostly American, but a little about Canadian Idol also.

A little background first. I used to be a lead singer in a rock band, We weren't that great but I liked us, and so did most people that heard us. We even filmed a video....We stopped shooting when we were assaulted by hookers who apparently don't like being filmed while waiting for customers. I also work part time as a DJ so I know a little bit about singing and how hard it can be.

I don't understand why people that are obviously brutal even bother. I guess in the hope that they make the tv show with one of numerous 'bad singer' clips. A lot of people don't realize that very few singers get to go in front of the judges. Most are rejected by the producers. I am shocked by the turnout. So many people, so few decent singers. I think it's a big karaoke contest and most of the contestants seem to blend together in a non-threatening family friendly way.

So why do I like it? I don't know. I suppose there is the occasional good tune belted out, and I appreciate the personalities of the odd prospect, I liked Ruben, I really liked Bo Bice and Constantine Maroulis last year and there always seems to be eye candy so that's nice too, that Ace is dreamy-uh I mean Katharine McPhee. To me the best show in that genre was Rockstar INXS last year, I liked almost every song and JD fortune I think kicks the a$$ off any Idol weenie. In any case whether I admit it or not, I am glued every Tues/Wed to the Idol experience. For the record I am pulling for Taylor or Chris and I think Paris and Bucky need to go. I mean seriously who names their kid 'Bucky'?

On the flip side I have nooooooooo interest whatsoever in Canadian Idol. I am fiercely patriotic and I am normally the first one to stand up for anything Canadian. I almost always pick the Canadian item before an American one. But come on....Ben Mulroney? Sass Jordan? ugh...Canadian Idol just seems sooooooooo lame and low budget in comparison. I mean look at Kelly Clarkson from the first American Idol. Now do you remember our Canadian Idol from season 1? Ryan Malcolm....good singer but nobody cares. I heard about a show in Ottawa where they had to change venues because he sold less than 2000 tickets. There is no comparison...lets fold Canadian Idol and watch 'Beachcombers' reruns instead. Or spend quality time with the family...Ha ha I know I know I was kidding of course. You get the idea, I am sure you can find some way to entertain yourself.

I am watching the 'Queen' themed show and I just saw Ace ask Queen to rearrange 'We will rock you'...Are you f*&$% serious? what an IDIOT! Brian May told him no and made Ace look like a freak. He sang so bad I think he may have done enough to get voted out before Bucky. I can't believe it. Chris rocked but could have picked a better song. Katharine was hot and I suppose she sang well but she bored me....she is always the same. Kelly Pickler, cute girl lame performance. Bucky Covington....sucks. Elliott stomped guts....he was awesome! best performance yet tonight. Taylor rocked out with a last minute song change. He made the right choice. Simon didn't like it which is too bad because I actually like Simon. Finally Paris....I can't stand Paris, she was ok but I want her to go. I say tomorrow Ace goes but we'll see.

I guess the last thing I wanted to say was that I think Paula Abdul is the biggest cheerleader around. Is she perpetually high or does she just love everything?! Nice hair though. I still think Simon is the judge that really knows what he is talking about. Anyway the shows over and I feel like illegally downloading Queen songs. So until next time remember, no Payne no gain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Site Counter
Web Counter