I am very opinionated and patriotic. I don't apologize for either one. Sarcasm is something I find virtuous and I truly believe laughter solves everything....if it doesn't I don't mind a little violence either as long as it's fair. If you like my blog then show some of your friends. If you don't like it then let me know. Feel free to send me your comments and I will post most of them even if I don't agree. If you want to contact me my email address is canux.fan@yahoo.ca

Friday, June 23, 2006

Air Miles - Quick Observation


How many "Rewards Cards" do you have in your wallet? Y'know, Petro Points, Shoppers Optimum, Club Z etc. I used to have so many that my wallet resembled a Big Mac in thickness. I got rid of them faster than Liz Taylor dumps husbands except for my trusty Air Miles card. Now I have never actually used my Air Miles card to get Airline tickets, but I do use mine for fuel vouchers, and I also use it for movie tickets.

Now to collect the points I use my card mostly at Shell gas stations, and Safeway, but here is the thing that bothers me; When the check out person scans my card they always feel the need to read the name on the card. The problem is, it's my wife's card with her maiden name on it but they have to make me feel 'special.' You know what would make me feel more special? Lowering the prices or giving me free stuff, not calling me by the wrong name.

Now why can't I get reward cards that I can really use, like say, one for parking/speeding tickets...get 3 tickets and your fourth one is free. Or maybe a reward card from my wife that lets me have one day of videogames, and sports shows for every 5 backrubs I give. Could you imagine the popularity of a rewards program that allows you 1 month without paying rent for every 5 months you pay in advance. Oh well until then remember, no Payne no gain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Site Counter
Web Counter