I am very opinionated and patriotic. I don't apologize for either one. Sarcasm is something I find virtuous and I truly believe laughter solves everything....if it doesn't I don't mind a little violence either as long as it's fair. If you like my blog then show some of your friends. If you don't like it then let me know. Feel free to send me your comments and I will post most of them even if I don't agree. If you want to contact me my email address is canux.fan@yahoo.ca

Monday, June 19, 2006

NHL PLAYOFFS Live Blog CAROLINA WINS THE CUP

THIRD PERIOD

Wow just before I had anything to type Edmonton scored an ugly one as an injured Peca struggled to the bench. 3 whacks at it but it went in. WOO HOO 2-1

The Oilers have some jump but the crowd is still in it. Another chance this time by Dvorak, and another.

Could this be the TSN turning point? I am having flashbacks to 94. Vancouver was down 3-1 to the Rangers and took it to 7. then game 7 went 1-0, 2-0 then 2-1 for the Rangers. That ended 3-2 for the Blue shirts…how will this end? By the Way Lowe and Mac T were on that 94 team.

Nice block by Smith after a fall by Pisani. Phew! Close one.

Back and forth, I think my heart will stop soon. I am trying to multi-task and am failing miserably. I am also talking to my Dad on Yahoo Messenger and we are arguing about sportscaster Don Taylor, I like him and my Dad hates him.

Phil Pritchard is rubbing his cup…Ok that’s not what I meant. He is prepping the Stanley Cup for presentation. White gloves, cloth etc. I want his job.

Carolina almost scores, how did Jussi stop it?

10 minutes left, could we see overtime? Ok very late Bold prediction, Next goal wins!

Brilliant chance hits someone in front of the Edmonton net. Lots of pressure by the Canes, now the crowd boos some phantom call.

Oilers with a couple of great chances but nope. Penalty to Hedican and lots of movement by the Oilers. Why don’t they fake a shot and walk around.

Almost offside, a few chances but nothing great. Penalty is over 5 minutes left, I hate the stress.

UNBELIEVABLE SAVE by Ward on a cross crease rebound. This kid is unreal! I hate him now.

Smyth is mad about something, play continues.

Timeout Edmonton

Under 3 minutes to go…

Oilers need to move their feet, under two minutes to play. Good chance shot misses, story of the game for Edmonton. Out comes Markkanen then play is stopped with a high stick.

1:14 left and the Canes call a timeout. I am afraid it’s over. Wesley will get his hands on the cup after 1400 games.

Here we go with the faceoff deep in Carolina’s end and Staal wins it.

Empty net, it’s over. 3-1 with under a minute to go.

Markkanen stays out and the Oilers don’t give up.

Some scraps now and Bob Cole talking about how great both teams are….Woe Canada.

Eww Hartford is going to win the cup. Now only the Jets have yet to win acup after coming over from the WHA….ouch sorry Jets fans, didn’t mean to rub salt in the wounds.

Carolina wins the Cup.

I can’t wait for the draft and the new chance for my team (Vancouver) and all your teams to once again chase Lord Stanley’s Mug. Now I am going to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Site Counter
Web Counter