I am very opinionated and patriotic. I don't apologize for either one. Sarcasm is something I find virtuous and I truly believe laughter solves everything....if it doesn't I don't mind a little violence either as long as it's fair. If you like my blog then show some of your friends. If you don't like it then let me know. Feel free to send me your comments and I will post most of them even if I don't agree. If you want to contact me my email address is canux.fan@yahoo.ca

Tuesday, June 6, 2006

Blogger Buffet - Doin' a little Catch-up!

Howdy gang, sorry I have been so lame lately but things are better now. (for further info please refer to BOTW #2)

Today I am going to give you my latest take on Hockey, terrorism football and maybe some basketball and Canadian Idol.

STANLEY CUP FINALS - Wow what a difference a few minutes makes. Here the Oilers are up 3-0 and everyone in Edmonton is planning a parade when Carolina screws it up. Obviously they never read the script. They storm back to take the lead and then with the game tied and overtime looming. Boom! The unthinkable happens and Roloson is knocked out of the game and likely the series with an injured leg. Now poor Ty Conklin, who hasn't played since there was snow on the ground and has never been in a playoff game must hold the fort. Nope! Conklin decides to make a blind pass to Smith and Brind'Amour thanks them politely for the offering and then returns the puck to its natural home and the Oilers are finished. I don't want to sound alarmist but the Oilers are finished.

TERRORIST PLOT FOILED - So our intrepid police forces in southern Ontario stopped a terrorist cell from carrying out an attack on Canadian soil. Awesome, it's good to see our security is being looked after, too bad the US has put a negative spin on it. They are up in arms saying that this is proof that security must be tightened on the Canada/US border. Our immigration is too lax and we are letting in bad guys. It's only a matter of time, etc... Excuse me but wasn't it the US that let the Sept 11th bad guys in to the US? I don't think Canada had anything to do with it. If anything this should prove that we are on the ball. Oh well what can you expect from the lot down south?

STEVE NASH AND PHOENIX SUNS BOUNCED FROM NBA PLAYOFFS - So Victoria's best export does battle against his former team and comes up short much to the delight of Mavs owner Mark Cuban. Could it be that letting Nash go was the best move for BOTH clubs? Too bad the two-time MVP couldn't go head to head with Shaq. That may have silenced the critics. I am not a big NBA fan so for me the playoffs are now over.

DEAL OR NO DEAL - Howie Mandel's show featuring babes, briefcases and big bucks is the latest gameshow phenomenon and I finally watched it the other night. That show rules! I am addicted already and can't wait for the next episode. Great vehicle for Howie.

CFL FOOTBALL AND RICKY WILLIAMS - So the CFL has decided to honour NFL suspensions....starting next year. I think it is probably a good thing and gives our league more credibility but having said that I will miss some of the talent that we've had here. This year will be a real treat watching Williams dominate the CFL. At his current pace he will finish the year with 126 yards rushing (7 yards per game). Now I am only kidding and am quite sure he will have a few big games but I don't think he will dominate to the level that he can be called the greatest back in CFL history like my friend 'The Coach' says. Did anyone else care what Joe Theismann said about the CFL and Ricky Williams? Theismann is an idiot and this just proves it. Williams may be an oddball that smoked some pot but he is hardly a hard core 'drug addict' or bad guy. Joe, Lighten up and move on, nobody pays attention to you anymore.

CANADIAN IDOL - Ben Mulroney and friends have hit the airwaves with another season of Canadian Idol...Who cares. I'm not watching it.

NHL RETURNS TO WINNIPEG! - Ok ok settle down, it's only for one night but you know that the return of the NHL rumours will spin out of control around the date of this exhibition game between Edmonton and the Phoenix Coyotes (former Jets). They are apparently using similar prices to a regular NHL game to guage interest but I think it is about the same as waving a chocolate bar in front of a fat kids face to tease the Winnipeg fans with the NHL.They will come out in droves and they still chant "Go Jets Go!" here even at the Moose games. I doubt the NHL will return here again full time but the fans can dream.

There. All caught up now and ready to move on. If you are bored and have nothing to do tonight why not check out the release of the movie 'THE OMEN' tonight in theatres with a great marketing coup, debuting on 6/6/06, pretty good for a movie about Satan's offspring. I wonder if it will live up to the original.

I am slowly returning to solid food after my bout with the stomach flu so I must go eat some crackers now. Until next time remember, no Payne, no gain!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Site Counter
Web Counter