I am very opinionated and patriotic. I don't apologize for either one. Sarcasm is something I find virtuous and I truly believe laughter solves everything....if it doesn't I don't mind a little violence either as long as it's fair. If you like my blog then show some of your friends. If you don't like it then let me know. Feel free to send me your comments and I will post most of them even if I don't agree. If you want to contact me my email address is canux.fan@yahoo.ca

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Quick Hit - NHL Playoffs and Memorial Cup

Last night’s game between Edmonton and Anaheim, (if you didn’t know who played stop reading now you non-fan) was the most sphincter-tightening, edge-of-your-seat, explosive finish yet this year.

I found most of the first and second periods boring with the exception of the violence of the first few minutes. Nice to see a few duke-a-roo’s in the playoffs these days.

The third period was awesome! I thought the building was gonna shake itself apart with the crowd going so crazy. Georges Laracque helped pump the crowd up too and was all smiles in the penalty box after tossing Todd Fedoruk down. I couldn’t believe the Steve Staios goal either. Did you see that drop pass by Samsonov?! Unreal! Did it ever make Bryzgalov look stupid.

Lots of rough stuff which I eat up, and then just when it seemed to be over the Ducks fought back and looked to tie it late but Roloson, who had been flopping around like a fat kid in a candy grab all night, said no. The Oil hung on for a BIG victory in game 3 and are poised for the sweep.

By comparison the Carolina/Buffalo series seems anti-climactic, though I will watch it anyway. Now when I watch I wonder which team Edmonton would have a better chance against but I digress.

Just a quick note on the Memorial Cup before I go. The Vancouver Giants pulled off a badly needed win last night against the Petes to set up a tie-breaker between the same two teams on Thursday. Moncton and Quebec will fight to see who gets a bye and the loser will face the winner of the Petes/Giants game for the semi. No team has ever won the Mem cup after coming out of a tiebreaker. Hopefully the Giants can change that.

For these kids it really is do or die, as several of them will finish their junior hockey careers upon completion of this tournament. Wouldn’t it be great to go out a winner? Until next time I remember, no Payne no gain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Site Counter
Web Counter