I am very opinionated and patriotic. I don't apologize for either one. Sarcasm is something I find virtuous and I truly believe laughter solves everything....if it doesn't I don't mind a little violence either as long as it's fair. If you like my blog then show some of your friends. If you don't like it then let me know. Feel free to send me your comments and I will post most of them even if I don't agree. If you want to contact me my email address is canux.fan@yahoo.ca

Monday, June 5, 2006

Quick Hit - NHL Playoffs - Stanley Cup Final prediction

Edmonton is the 3rd Canadian team since the 1993 Montreal Canadiens to make it to the Cup Final. Vancouver in 94 and the Flames all made it to game 7 before losing and now the Oilers will try and change that trend. The newly crowned "Canada's Team" Will try and prove that the new CBA is everything it was advertised to be and all that action starts tonight! Long overdue and thank goodness that Dora and Sesame Street won't interfere.

While there are many intriguing storylines like the return of Doug Weight, The run of Cam Ward or the unlikely return of Rem Murray, frankly this series has no history and just doesn't excite me. Who knows, maybe the series will go 7 games and be one for the ages.

Oh and just for the record I am reeeeeeeeeally tired of the constant whining about how this playoff year and specifically this series aren't selling well down in the States...WHO CARES! If the American public is too stupid to appreciate the game of hockey then it's their problem. We need to stop bending over backwards at the expense of the true fan to attract people with no idea about the game. Focus on making the game better and if that happens then the fans will come, regardless of their nationality.

When it comes to predictions Maggie the Monkey is a phenomenon. Her predictions have been eerily correct and with that in mind lets see who she picked in the final. After 3 rounds Maggie the Monkey is now 9 of 14, as is 'the coin' while I am a woeful 6 of 14. The moment we have all waited for is finally here so lets get to the predictions. Kind of boring really as the primate, the coin and I all picked Edmonton.

Edmonton is on fire and has the complete team. I am not convinced that Carolina can keep it together, with so many rookies and an inexperienced netminder in Cam Ward. The main difference between these teams is Chris Pronger and Carolina just doesn't have anyone on the blueline of that caliber. I also give the edge to Edmonton in goal, Roloson is a veteran that has seen it all and Ward is the youngest goalie since Roy in 86 to start in the final. I say he cracks and then it goes back to Gerber who is too rusty now. Carolina has a slight edge at forward but it won't matter. The Oilers may be rusty from the layoff so I will say if they lose tonight Oilers in 6. If they win tonight Oilers in 5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Site Counter
Web Counter