I am very opinionated and patriotic. I don't apologize for either one. Sarcasm is something I find virtuous and I truly believe laughter solves everything....if it doesn't I don't mind a little violence either as long as it's fair. If you like my blog then show some of your friends. If you don't like it then let me know. Feel free to send me your comments and I will post most of them even if I don't agree. If you want to contact me my email address is canux.fan@yahoo.ca

Friday, May 26, 2006

UFC - Hughes vs Gracie and The Ultimate Fighter 3

I am so excited about UFC60 I can't stand it. Hughes vs Gracie is the most anticipated fight ever and I can't wait to see Gracie come down to the Octagon with the whole Gracie clan in tow. UFC has exploded in popularity and between the PPV shows and the reality show 'Ultimate Fighter' it seems that Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) is everywhere.

ULTIMATE FIGHTER 3 on SPIKE TV

Last night on the Ultimate Fighter 3 we saw Matt the deaf guy's Girlfriend (Danny Abbadi) match up with Ed Herman, the self proclaimed champ. While Herman had some serious credentials his cockiness is irritating and seeing him lose would have been great. I mean the guy is calling out Ortiz...The guy is nuttier than squirrel poo. Nevertheless as the show wound down to fight time we saw the usual set up with Matt helping Danny train and lots of smack talk but in the end the fight went as expected. Except for a solid shot thrown by Danny he ended up on his back and was never a factor. It ended when Ed threw in an Arm bar that I swore should have torn Danny's arm out of the socket but didn't. Seconds later Danny tapped and it was all over.

The second round should be pretty good with 3 excellent middleweights left. The odd man out will be beanpole Rory that fluked his way into the second round. 1 fight left in the light heavy division that will pitch the wrestler Matt vs the street fighter and tattoo artist Mike. I think Mike will be in over his head and get submitted quickly by Matt. One thing is for sure, the only sandwiches Matt will get this time will be of the knuckle variety.

UFC60 HUGHES VS GRACIE

I hate Matt Hughes. There I said it. Do I respect his skill level? Do I respect his work ethic? Yes to both, but he is so cocky. I thought he was a jerk on TUF2 as a coach and I want to see him lose. Royce Gracie is a legend and even though I want him to win, I don't see it happening. Here is my prediction; Hughes by decision. The way I look at it Gracie likes long fights where he can wear a guy down and/or pounce on a mistake. He isn't going to stand and trade so it's about submissions and Hughes isn't likely to make those kinds of mistakes. Hughes may say he will knock out Gracie but bigger and stronger guys have tried to do that and Gracie has never been KO'd so that won't happen either. Likely the fight will go to the ground and Hughes will outpoint Gracie and get a judge's decision. I imagine the fight won't be that exciting, unless of course Gracie pulls off the upset. That'd be sweet. There is a remote possibility that Hughes slips up and Gracie would finish him quick but we'll see.

There are some other matches of note that we may or may not see depending on the time constraints here a few that interest me;

Horn vs Sonnen. I like Horn, tons of experience I say he wins by knockout.

Guillard vs Davis, I don't know much about Davis but Guillard has been pretty good as a small man in the welterweight division so I imagine as a lightweight he will be phenomenal. Guillard by submission.

Sanchez vs Alessio, I hate the 'Nightmare' also and Alessio is from my hometown so I am dreaming of an upset but I am afraid I will have a 'nightmare' and Sanchez will win with a good ground and pound.

Swick vs Riggs, Riggs has lost a couple of big fights and will try and change his luck. Can Mike 'Quick' Swick lock in the 'Swickotine' on Diesel? I doubt it. Both these guys throw bombs so it is going to be the best fight of the night I think. the fight ends on a knockout by who I am not sure but I will say Riggs.

Vera vs Silva, the 'Truth' claims he prefers the ground but keeps knocking guys out. I think this time though it will go to the ground and Vera still takes it by submission over the crafty Silva.

There are other fights but none that I care about and it's my blog so :p If you want to know more click my 'Ultimate Fighting' link on the right to get to the UFC website.

The countdown is on to the big fight and I can't wait. If you have never checked out the UFC you will definitely get your money's worth at only 40 bucks, or you can see it in an ever-increasing number of sports bars right across the country. Watch it and you won't regret it.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and make sure you check back in here at NPNG for the newest feature that will debut tomorrow with the inaugural NPNG 'Bonehead of the Week.' Until next time remember, no Payne no gain!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Site Counter
Web Counter