I am very opinionated and patriotic. I don't apologize for either one. Sarcasm is something I find virtuous and I truly believe laughter solves everything....if it doesn't I don't mind a little violence either as long as it's fair. If you like my blog then show some of your friends. If you don't like it then let me know. Feel free to send me your comments and I will post most of them even if I don't agree. If you want to contact me my email address is canux.fan@yahoo.ca

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Taylor wins Idol!

Ok so my career as a hockey prognosticator is clearly not going to work out but I was right about Taylor! It wasn't even close and I think anyone watching knew Katharine was done for. Anyway here are some of my observations from the final show.
  • The best song of the night was U2's 'One' by Elliott Yamin and Mary J Blige. That song sent shivers down my spine and I will definitely illegally download it as soon as it is available (Quit rolling your eyes Chris)
  • The worst song of the night I think was either of the finalists duets, and not because of them either. I thought Meatloaf was awful and Toni Braxton I think either had mic problems or she was loaded. Perhaps a combination of both. Nice outfit though!
  • Hearing Lispy boy sing 'What's New Pussycat' was terrible. I wanted to crawl under a rock. Absolutely horrendous. Enough said.
  • I thought it was ironic hearing Mandisa sing 'I'm Every Woman'...
  • The Brokenote Cowboys sounded pretty good actually...except for the one that resembled Gollem.
  • Why did Kelly cut her hair? I hate that.
  • Clay Aitken made a great appearance, surprising his copycat with a decent version of 'Don't let the sun go down on me'
  • Loved Randy's Glasses
  • Hated Paula's hair
  • Did you see Katharine's Mom's outfit? I see where Katharine gets it from.
  • I figured out winning or losing doesn't matter on Idol. If you make the top 12 you will find work. Chris Daughtry is still my favourite and I will definitely illegally download his music too!
  • Finishing 2nd on American Idol is still better than winning Canadian Idol...Actually finishing 12th on American Idol is probably better than winning Canadian Idol.
  • I am reeeeeally tired of the Canadian Idol ads. I am not going to watch, just because of the commercials. Especially the guy singing; 'I'm standing here until you make me moo-oo-oove' I get it, he sucks. Quit showing it.

I am a little embarrassed frankly of the fact that I watched American Idol when there was NHL and Memorial Cup action at the same time, but the games weren't elimination games and I am still sulking that my Canucks aren't in. I do grudgingly support Edmonton since they are the only Canadian team in, but it was the FINALE of American Idol. How could I miss that? Until next time remember, no Payne no gain!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Site Counter
Web Counter