I am very opinionated and patriotic. I don't apologize for either one. Sarcasm is something I find virtuous and I truly believe laughter solves everything....if it doesn't I don't mind a little violence either as long as it's fair. If you like my blog then show some of your friends. If you don't like it then let me know. Feel free to send me your comments and I will post most of them even if I don't agree. If you want to contact me my email address is canux.fan@yahoo.ca

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Caledonia Native Protests

So I see that tensions have eased near Caledonia and the protestors have removed the barricade. All I can say is that it is about time.

The whole thing sickens me with all the idiotic behaviour (from natives and non-natives alike) The upside down Canadian flag was the worst for me though. I understand they are upset and rightfully so, but there a lot of places worse than Canada. There are several countries around the world that would make you disappear for expressing your views so they need to grow up!

The thing that spurred me on this morning was a poll on Canada AM asking who the public supports in this; Natives, non-natives, or neither. the majority supported the natives and that is fair but one letter writer from the Six Nations Band had the audacity to write; "Our protest is with the government not the residents of Caledonia so I don't know why they're angry at us." ...hmmmmm I wonder. Could it be the fact that you are blocking a road that the community uses? Could it be the fact that the threat of escalating violence worries the town? Or how about the unwanted addition of hundreds of non-residents to protest on both sides as well as the intrusion of the media? Maybe it was the riot. Let's not forget the power outage either? You know, the one caused by yanking down a hydro tower and using it as a barricade?

Seriously, how idiotic of a comment. That is like me pushing you down so I can punch the guy behind you and then saying "don't be mad at me I was only trying to hit the other guy."

Protesting successfully means getting public opinion on your side and actions like this actually leave me inclined to be against the natives not with them. I am sick of the whole issue, let's hope it gets resolved soon before something more serious happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Site Counter
Web Counter