I am very opinionated and patriotic. I don't apologize for either one. Sarcasm is something I find virtuous and I truly believe laughter solves everything....if it doesn't I don't mind a little violence either as long as it's fair. If you like my blog then show some of your friends. If you don't like it then let me know. Feel free to send me your comments and I will post most of them even if I don't agree. If you want to contact me my email address is canux.fan@yahoo.ca

Thursday, June 15, 2006

CFL Week One Picks

The Canadian Football League Season is about to start and I am more excited about it than Darryl Hannah in a California garden. The loss of the Ottawa Renegades was a shame but likely will offer a better product and a balanced schedule. The expansion draft ensured a little more parity than this year and for the second year in a row Khari Jones gets cut by the Eskies in training camp.

Without further adieu lets get to my picks for week 1;

WINNIPEG AT MONTREAL - The Alouettes are definitely on the down slope after so many years of success but with Calvillo around they still have a better shot than Winnipeg. The Blue Bombers seem to be improved over last year especially on defence but there are still a lot of holes. Quick! Name Winnipeg's starting QB....It's ok I don't think Bombers Head coach Doug Berry can either. For the record it's Kevin Glenn and every time I see him all I can think of is that Khari Jones is available. MONTREAL 27 - WINNIPEG 17

EDMONTON AT CALGARY - Edmonton fluked their way to the Grey Cup last year and without Jason Maas to bail out Ricky Ray I think the Eskimos 30+ year streak of playoff appearances is finally over. Calgary has improved in many areas and will own the Eskies this year. CALGARY 35 - EDMONTON 21

HAMILTON AT TORONTO - Damon Allen is a freak of nature but when healthy 'Grandpa' can still single-handedly decide the outcome. Ricky WIlliams will make his over-hyped debut but will finish behind Allen for rushing yards (mark my words). Hamilton is going to be the most improved team this year with Jason Maas at QB and their D is the real deal. Nothing brings me more joy than seeing disgruntled Argos fans...Although with Ricky Williams there might be more than 75 this year. HAMILTON 27 - TORONTO 21

SASKATCHEWAN AT BC - This will be the game of the week and with 3 games in the first 5 weeks this might be the rivalry of note in the west (forget the banjo bowl Winnipeg). Without Casey Printers and the rest of the negative influences this team had last year they should be a lot better. They won't go 11-0 to start nor will they end 0-7. Wally is one of the best coaches out there and with a genuine kicker (McCallum) replacing the crazy Leprechaun (O'Mahony) the Lions may actually win the close ones for a change. Saskatchewan will push the tabbies for most improved team this year and are a contender for the first time in years. They have an excellent record against the Lions, especially in the giant airbag on the left coast. I don't think they have it in them to win against a newly focused Lions Squad however, especially since the revamped O Line will ensure that Dickenson has time to make the Riders D look like the Bombers D. Game of the week and a close one but...BC 34 - SASK 28

This season should be fantastic and Friday Night Football on TSN has quickly become one of the best shows out there, and I can't wait to watch! Have a great football weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Site Counter
Web Counter