I am very opinionated and patriotic. I don't apologize for either one. Sarcasm is something I find virtuous and I truly believe laughter solves everything....if it doesn't I don't mind a little violence either as long as it's fair. If you like my blog then show some of your friends. If you don't like it then let me know. Feel free to send me your comments and I will post most of them even if I don't agree. If you want to contact me my email address is canux.fan@yahoo.ca

Friday, October 6, 2006

Casual Fridays and the Decline of Western Society

So we are in the midst of charity season and the United Way has given us the chance to dress casually on Fridays. Of course no United Way campaign would be the same without the odd 'themed' Fridays and that is what it's all about for me.

So today's theme is 'Hawaiian shirt day' and I am all over that. My shirt isn't what you'd call Hawaiian in any case. It is in the Japanese 'Anime' style and has a winged warrior on the front. It also has a naked girl with wings, sitting on a gigantic snail shell on the back which is very cool.
Luckily I managed to finish it off by adding a flowery Lei which screams Hawaii better than any other prop so the ensemble works. I am the coolest guy in the building, again.

My other favourite is of course hockey jersey day which gives me a chance to represent for my Vancouver Canucks, who by the way, beat the Detroit Red Wings 3-1 in Detroit to open the season. I am now officially Roberto Luongo's biggest fan! He made a few saves that if Cloutier would have been in net would have resulted in a red-light sunburn. Nice to see Linden score his 300th Canuck goal too against Dominik Hasek. For you trivia buffs out there though Linden had scored a much bigger goal on Hasek before. Bonus marks if anyone knows what it was.

Sorry went off on a tangent there, but I'm allowed since it's my blog! I have some other great ideas for casual Friday theme's. How about Village People Fridays, or Disco Fridays. That would be cool, or maybe superhero Fridays...ok maybe not. I don't think people want to see me dressed in tights. If I had my way I would have a casual Friday where everybody just dressed like an 80's metal band, like Twisted Sister or maybe Poison. Oh man what about a KISS casual Friday. I could dress like Gene Simmons and stick my tongue out with one giant boot on my desk as I greeted customers and sang "Lick it up!". That would be sweet!

Oh well, food for thought anyway. My idea of "Thong and nipple pasty Fridays" was already rejected...

Until next time remember, No Payne no gain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Site Counter
Web Counter