I am very opinionated and patriotic. I don't apologize for either one. Sarcasm is something I find virtuous and I truly believe laughter solves everything....if it doesn't I don't mind a little violence either as long as it's fair. If you like my blog then show some of your friends. If you don't like it then let me know. Feel free to send me your comments and I will post most of them even if I don't agree. If you want to contact me my email address is canux.fan@yahoo.ca

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Mixed bag

With technical difficulties behind us, I pay homage to all of those brave men who risk body parts to block shots in the NHL playoffs. In their memory I call it "the mixed bag" --

1. I am looking forward to a full (ha!) 4 game schedule in the CFL this weekend. Can some one 'splain to me why on earth two teams get a bye week in the CFL? "Psssssst, schedule maker!! They could play each other!" A bye week in the 8 team CFL seems about as pointless as a Paris Hilton Mensa membership.

2. So Tiger isn't talking to Nick Faldo because the later called one of the former's shots "horrible". Hmmmm. So that's how you get someone to shut up. To bad Payne doesn’t golf.

3. Does anyone else giggle when they hear the name "Mike Pecca" spoken on TV. C'mmon guys admit it. You know what I am talking about. Here's the scene: I am watching the Sharks vs. the Oilers in the playoffs with my seven year old son
Chris Cuthbert on TV - "he reaches past Goch and grabs Pecca!"
Sideshow - "teeeeheeee"
Junior Sideshow - "what's so funny dad?"
Awkward!

4. If a nut case walks into a bank, shots and kills 10 innocent bystanders, then turns the gun on himself and takes his own life, it fair for the media, say, the CBC to report about "the suicide victim who took his own life at the bank", or would it be a more accurate statement of fact that "a scum sucking dirt bag murdered 10 people before saving the justice system a trial by offing himself before the police had to waste a bullet bought on the public purse to do the job themselves."

Okay okay, I get that the later report is bit over the top, but here is my point - Suicide victim or murderer? Which one? If you characterize him as a suicide victim, you imply a sympathetic character at the expense of the 10 who were murdered.

True - he did commit suicide, but even if you wished to equate his death by suicide with the other 10 innocents who were murdered, that is simply 1/11th of the story. Is it not more accurate to report him as a multiple murderer who happened to take his own life?

Please - someone explain the CBC's insistence on reporting about "suicide bombers" when referring to someone who has decided to pull on a pair of "Fruit of the Dooms", saunter into a crowded market occupied by innocent men, women, and children, and then murder anyone in close proximity including themselves. Suicide bomber? Really? That is about as accurate as a Rick Ankiel slider. Try “homicide bomber” on for size.

That’s all for now. Check back later today for more.

Thank you for stopping by.

Sideshow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Site Counter
Web Counter