I am very opinionated and patriotic. I don't apologize for either one. Sarcasm is something I find virtuous and I truly believe laughter solves everything....if it doesn't I don't mind a little violence either as long as it's fair. If you like my blog then show some of your friends. If you don't like it then let me know. Feel free to send me your comments and I will post most of them even if I don't agree. If you want to contact me my email address is canux.fan@yahoo.ca

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Bonehead of the Week #18 - Philadelphia Flyers

I had difficulty coming up with an appropriate bonehead and so I settled on Bobby Clarke, GM of the Philadelphia Flyers. He had stolen a fringe player from my Canucks for an inflated salary then made an offer sheet to another marginal player, effectively doubling his salary. The thing is, I also wanted to name Flyers goalie Robert Esche the bonehead for talking smack about his coach before getting bombed for 8 goals later that night. I also thought about giving it to the coach, Ken Hitchcock...just because, but at the last minute I also considered Flyers owner Ed Snider.

In the end I couldn't decide (which is why this award was overdue) so finally I decided that due to all the idiotic moves, comments and decisions the 18th BOTW award had to go to;

THE ENTIRE PHILADELPHIA FLYERS ORGANIZATION.

Until next time remember, no Payne, no gain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Site Counter
Web Counter