I am very opinionated and patriotic. I don't apologize for either one. Sarcasm is something I find virtuous and I truly believe laughter solves everything....if it doesn't I don't mind a little violence either as long as it's fair. If you like my blog then show some of your friends. If you don't like it then let me know. Feel free to send me your comments and I will post most of them even if I don't agree. If you want to contact me my email address is canux.fan@yahoo.ca

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving - Turkey Rules!

This weekend was a pretty busy one for the Payner with two out of town Thanksgiving dinners and a wedding to go to.

The wedding took place Saturday and was great fun. The food was excellent with a wide variety of delicious items. There was a potato/sweet potato soup that was half orange and half white. It looked cool and tasted excellent, and I don't even like sweet potatoes (I don't like a lot of stuff).
The next thing was some kind of awesome seafood pastry that was orgasmic. The main course was awesome! Some kind of stuffed chicken thing that I couldn't get enough of. The best part was that not a single mushroom was found in any of the dishes! I am glad since mushrooms are the devil and I won't eat them.

The speeches and anecdotes were excellent also. I don't know why, but I find public humiliation at special occasions to be quite endearing. I found out the groom had a Barbie for years and used to hide in the laundry hamper. I suppose I shouldn't judge since I played with my G.I. Joe toys until I was 16 and wouldn't eat bologna sandwiches until my Mom tricked me by calling it 'weiner meat'. It must be good if it is made from the same meat as weiners, because only the best parts go into weiners.

The Dj they hired was fabulous too. The way he worked the crowd was great and he was such a charismatic guy he became the life of the party really. The hi-lite was when he threw down and tore up the dance floor to the Vanilla Ice classic 'Ice Ice Baby' that whipped the guests into a frenzy. I hope I can hire the same guy to play at all my special events!

So after I finished DJ'ing my friends wedding I rushed home to prepare for the first of two road trips for Thanksgiving Dinner. I managed to pack a van load of family and even my unimpressed dog along for the ride. He got over it though and was a big hit in his Old Navy T shirt with a glow in the dark ghostie on the back. I said Ghostie because My dog is little and everything sounds cuter with an e sound at the end. Try it. Jobby, Homie, girlie, wide screen plasma television...ee.

Anyway we got there ok and were well fed, but 4 hours in a van that has no vacancies makes for some tediousness...thank God for Red Bull!

So yesterday was the second dinner and it was closer so that was nice. This time we played a lot of sports and my favourite was the football. I think I am the greatest 'family get together and play in your dress clothes' quarterback that ever lived. I like watching the little kids goof off too although I need to be the centre of attention and it doesn't work too well when there are cute kids scattered everywhere. My kid maintained his tradition of hurting himself at family get togethers with a well executed face plant into a wooden stacking chair. Two fat lips and a bloody mouth were the reward but I think he enjoyed spitting blood since I told him that chicks dig scars. He once broke his nose at 5 yrs of age at an Easter dinner. Poor kid, almost as injury-prone as me, but I'm still ahead in stitches, broken bones and bullet wounds.

The only bad thing about the weekend is that since we didn't host any dinners I have no leftover turkey and that is a crime. Leftover turkey and potatoes, turkey soup, turkey sandwiches, turkey stew, you name it, it's all good. I guess I will have to break a commandment and 'Covet thy neighbor's turkey' since I don't have any and all my coworkers do. Sucks to be me.

Only 75 days until Christmas Eve, then maybe I'll get more turkey.

Here for all your music needs, just remember; no Payne, no gain!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too have lost out on Turkey leftovers, I say my house this Sunday to make another Thanksgiving dinner and then we divvy up the leftovers!!

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Site Counter
Web Counter